CeRCCa – Centre for Research and Creativity Casamarles, is a non-profit organization that has been developing cultural and artistic projects from 2009.
CeRCCa is a centre of research and creativity located in an old house in Llorenç del Penedes. The Center is located in a region know for wine and olive oil production 50km away from Barcelona in between the Montmell Mountains and the Mediterranean sea.
The objective of CeRCCa is to facilitate a living and working space for artists, curators and cultural researchers. With this objective CeRCCa supports interdisciplinary and collaborative strategies based on the context. Together with its residency program, CeRCCa also participates and coordinates other production and exhibition formats through the organization of workshops, public presentations and interventions that approximate artistic creation to new audiences.
The Centre functions as an interdisciplinary and collaborative AIR Program. Its main objectives are:
– To promote research, creativity and diffusion of Culture and the arts.
– To favour exchange and promotion of national and international artists and researchers.
– To organize cultural activities in order to potentiate the interaction between local cultural initiatives and international artists.
– To facilitate a web portal that will function as an archive and resource tool.
In order to achieve these objectives, our organization
– Facilitates living and working space.
– Promotes the participation of the selected artists and researchers in different local and international networks.
– Organize cultural activities such as residencies, workshops and exhibitions.
– Participate in debates, seminars and conferences in order to be part of the current debates on artistic mobility and cultural research.
With the support of: